Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sunny Fun Flip Flop Card & Brad Bow Tutorial part 2

Here is a bright and fun card for you today!


The stamp set, Sunny Fun is a new one just released in the summer mini catalog. I colored the images with blender pens and Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango inks. I added little self adhesive rhinestones to one the sets of flip flops. Then I stamped the flip flop with the flower on it onto Melon Mambo cardstock and cut it out. I added a pearl to the center and glued it onto the main image with Multipurpose Liquid glue. I love brad bows, they are such a great way to use the wide ribbon! The bow is actually just a length of ribbon gathered into a rhinestone brad. See below for a step by step tutorial on how to make these bows. After I made the bow, I adhered it with Glue Dots and added a little liquid glue for strength.

Stamps: Sunny Fun 
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White 
Ink: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango 
Accessories: Blender Pen, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Daffodil Delight 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, self adhesive pearls, self adhesive rhinestones, Rhinestone brads 
Techniques: Watercoloring with Blender Pens 


Brad Bows Tutorial part 2 – for use with thick or heavy ribbon, such as 5/8” grosgrain, 1-1/4” grosgrain or 1/2" stitched poly ribbons


1. Open up the prongs of your brad.



 
2. Fold your ribbon in a loop (like a breast cancer ribbon).


 
3. Bring the loop down so that it covers where the ribbon crosses itself.




4. Gather the ribbon in the center in your fingers and stick it between the two prongs of the brad.





5. Wrap the prongs of the brad around the ribbon, so that they lie next to each other.





6. Adjust bow as you like and trim the ends. Attach to cardstock.



I hope you enjoy making these brad bows. You can see another example of this type of bow in my next post!



Thanks for reading my blog and tutorial!



If you would like to purchase any of the items used here, please visit my business website at www.trina_kuriger.stampinup.net

1 comment: